My friend and I ran a 10k trail race this morning! We have been running for the past few months now and we decided we were ready for a race! When she told me about this trail race, I thought well how much harder can a trail run really be? Well, to say the least I was in for it! We climbed 1,500 feet up including a 2 mile stretch that was straight UP! I kept thinking it was going to end and it wasn’t….I thought I physically could not go any further!!! It was UP and down the entire time and then you would run single file because the trails were maybe 12 inches wide at the top of the ridge! It was the hardest race that this company has each year but I am glad I did it! It was so much fun!
Brent spotted us along the trail (This isn’t even the big 2 mile hill!!!)…
Coming in the finish line!
Sorry for the fuzzy pictures…it must have been my lightning speed (lol) or the photographers skills! :)
And here comes Natalie!
WE did it!!! :)
Colby was excited to see me!
My boys cheering me on!
After the race, Colby and I took a little snooze! :) Then we headed out to the pumpkin patch in Livermore! Colby had a blast….I have a feeling we might be back a few more times before Halloween just to let him play!
Picking the perfect pumpkin is never easy…..
We walked around them, sat on them, rolled them over and even pushed them!!
While Colby was picking out his pumpkin he saw the Cow train pull up and he ran over to the fence! So, we decided he wanted to ride on it!
And he had a BLAST!!! It went around the corn maze and they made the dirt go up and down to make it more like a ride and Colby was laughing so hard!!
I’ll admit….it was well worth it!
Colby then found a wagon to carry his pumpkin in!
But he thought it was easier to let daddy pull him and his pumpkin!!
He then spotted the huge corn box! I think we spent close to an hour in here!
He was really funny though, he kept lifting his feet out of it! He didn’t like the feeling of the corn on his feet! After a while he got adventurous and tried walking in it!!
He even pulled his feet out when we buried him! :)
3 comments:
Wow. Way to choose a HARD first 10K!!! Trail runs are fun, but hard. Nice work.
And we loved the pumpkin patch! If you ever go again--give us a call. Zac loved the corn too!
Look at you! Running that race like it was nothing! Thank you for not posting horrible pictures of me. :)
That pumpkin patch looks fun, I'll have to go and check it out.
Wow mama!!! Look at you running your little behind off!:)) When did you start running? That's awesome! You and Brent need to come out here so we can all do a race together---utah marathon again? Okay maybe just a half?:))
Post a Comment