I love this time of year. There is so much to do! Last week we headed over to Deacon Dave’s house to check out the lights! This is a house in Livermore that is well known. Deacon Dave has a “crew” that puts up lights for I think 3-4 months, that is how many lights he has! It is incredible, maybe a little over the top if you ask me…but always a fun tradition! These pictures are horrible, because Colby DID NOT want to be held but rather explore and look at ALL the lights! But this gives you an idea of how many lights he has up…. (I think it’s well over 200,000!!)
Brent and I decided to not put up a tree this year! Why?
1) We have a TINY house that has absolutely no room for a tree
2) Between Colby and the cat the tree would always be torn apart
3) It is a nightmare even thinking about how to get our Christmas boxes out of our tiny messy storage closet
4) We are going to be waking up Christmas morning at my parents house with all our family
-Hopefully now you understand our reasoning's! Don’t worry Colby gets to enjoy my parents tree every time we go over there! And the best part is Brent and I get to sit back and relax while they have to chase him trying to catch that breakable ornament before it hits the ground!! So…we have a cute little Gingerbread house instead! Colby loved to help…eat the candy! :) He thought it was so fun to decorate the house! He kept laughing at us! And kept begging for more candy!
Mom started by making a nice house….
Dad thought I was taking too long and was being too perfect! So he added his own spin on it! BUT..between the 3 of us, it turned out really cute! It even has icicles! :) And the best part was Colby loved it! He had a smile ear to ear the entire time! This is definitely a tradition that will stick!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment